Joan Lunden's Chicken Tortilla Soup
In large saucepan or dutch oven, saute over low heat for 5 minutes until onion is soft:
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- one 4 ounce can green chilies - chopped
- one 15 ounce can italian stewed tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsps worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (I like tabasco green)
Stir in 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
Add cilantro and lime juice to garnish.
You can cut corn torillas into 1/4" strips, bake on cookie sheet coated with cooking spray for 10 min at 400 for low fat tortilla chips. Use as garnish on top of soup.
Hope you enjoy.! - Dana