Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cookie Recipe Request

I made cookies last night for a potluck today at work.  I made a recipe I have tweaked through the years to what my kids believe are the best oatmeal cookies around and I guess they were right because I got several requests for the recipe today.  So here it is -

Oatmeal Carob Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease cookie sheets.
  • 1 cup butter - softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Cream together butter and sugar, then add vanilla and eggs.

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soada
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.

  • 1 cup carob chips or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup craisins (cranberry raisins)
  • 2 cups cooking oats
Add each of these ingredients singly until thoroughly mixed.  You may have to stir in the last of the oatmeal by hand as the mixer gets bogged down.  Drop by tablespoons full onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-13 minutes until brown around the edges.  Cool on racks until hardened. 

Makes 3 dozen cookies.  Enjoy. 

No comments: